Thursday, October 23, 2008

Indian - elevators

As far as I can remember as a kid I always wanted to get into one of those magical cubes. Doors open and shut magically and with just a press of button you are there. When I got near one I always remembered the star trek dialogue “beam me”.
As I grew older and I see them daily the only thing I feel now is “God why are both elevators unavailable, how much time does it take”. Don’t get me wrong we Indians lack certain civic sense we press the stop lift button first and then we impatiently wait for couple of minutes and then we take stairs making it very irritating for the people who are already in the elevator which stops at every floor and each stop may look like an eternity. Anyway who are already in the elevator think as if they own it.
Those long q’s to no q’s, people pushing each other as if it’s a stairway to heaven and those funny smells one experiences in a closed capsule are indescribable. I practically try to hold my breath as much as I can and I give up just before I go hypoxic. Now the only thing that compels me to take an elevator now are my lazy bones.

No comments: